01 Feb How Can I Stay Committed To My Workout?
Since the new year has begun, many of us are trying to get ourselves back to the gym and into a routine. We start off motivated and excited, but then life gets in the way and many of us fade off after a few weeks. Here are a few ways to help stay committed in 2019:
- Find a workout routine that is right for you! There are so many different options nowadays, such as high-intensity workouts, strength-based workouts, yoga, pilates, etc. There’s something out there for everyone.
- Find a work-out buddy! Working out with a friend will make the time pass quicker and keep you both accountable.
- Create a routine! Research says it takes 21 days to form a habit.
- Create an “accountability reward”; create a goal for yourself and if you achieve that goal treat yourself to something nice! Maybe treat yourself to some new workout clothes, a massage, etc.
- Make sure your fitness goals fit into a 90-day window. For instance, you may have a long-term goal to lose 50lbs; but may have a short-term goal to lose 20lb in 90 days.
- Schedule a 5K, 10K, half marathon, triathlon, fun-run, mud-run, obstacle course etc. That way you have a goal that you are working towards completing.
Visit your local chiropractor to keep your body functioning optimally as you continue to reach for your fitness goals.
Dr. Lindsay Fierman